The October Edition can be downloaded HERE —> October 2012 Edition
In the October Edition:
- Leadership and personal development course for 18-25 year olds
- Dry Stone Wall Course – Being run at Trevia House by Breffni Integrated with funding from Cavan VEC.
- Young People in Society – A 12-session course (3 hours each evening over 12-13 weeks)
- Communication skills – Ideal for people returning to study or wishing to brush up on their skills.
- Safe Talk – A half day (or evening) course to learn four basic steps to recognising persons with thoughts of suicide and connect them with helping resources. Course application forms can be downloaded from www.westcavan.com
- Film-making & Video Editing course – Covers all aspects of making short films and video editing – no experience necessary, only a willingness to learn.
- Film’s 30th Anniversary – The Ballroom of Romance
- Back to Work Enterprise Allowance Scheme – Are you unemployed, living in Co. Cavan and thinking of starting your own business.
- NEW Helpline for Cavan – Save Our Sons And Daughters (SOSAD): 24 hour emergency support for anyone affected by suicide or depression now open in Cavan. Tel: 0494326339.
- 1-2-1 Training & career planning service – Breffni Integrated is setting up a new signposting service for unemployed people in West Cavan. The service has commenced in Ballyconnell and will be extended to Belturbet in October.
- West Cavan Social Car Scheme – The areas covered in West Cavan include Blacklion, Dowra and Glangevlin. If you are interested in using the scheme or would like to become a Driver see www.westcavan.com
- Cavan Community Forum Roadshows – The first of the Roadshows for Corlough, Glangevlin, Dowra, Swanlinbar & Blacklion will be held in Blacklion in the MacNean Resource Centre on Wednesday 3rd October at 7pm.