This new venture is to provide a fun, engaging and enjoyable way to practice, brush up or learn Irish in a relaxed and friendly way. The evenings will be an informal format and will cater for all levels and beginners as well. The evenings will concentrate on developing everyday conversational skills rather than grammar. It is planned to have 3 evenings before the summer. Future evenings might include learning Irish through walks, meals and social occasions. The first evening will be held in Breffni Integrated’s office, Blacklion Enterprise Centre in the upstairs meeting room. For more information Tel: 071 9853321 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Breffni Integrated has been working with Local Community Groups in Glangevlin, Dowra and Blacklion and with CMETB to arrange the following classes:
- Dowra Men’s group – Joinery skills (Making garden furniture) commencing on Thursday 8th March 7-10pm in Doobally Hall for 4 Thursday evenings.
- Dowra Men’s group – Plumbing skills commencing on Thursday 19th April 7-10pm in Doobally Hall for 4 Thursday evenings (To be confirmed).
- Golden Ladies Women’s group, Glangevlin – Art and Craft course commencing Monday 26th March 7.30-9.30pm in St Patrick’s Hall for 6 Monday evenings. Please bring basic acrylic paints, brushes, acrylic pads or canvas and palette.
- Shannon Valley Women’s group, Dowra – Interior Design commencing 13th March 7.30-9.30pm in the Courthouse, Dowra then 20th March (no class 27th March and 3rd April) then 10th, 17th, 24th April and 1st May.
- Shannon Valley Women’s group, Dowra – Gentle Aerobics, commencing Thursday 8th March 10-12noon in the Resource Centre, Dowra for 6 Thursday mornings.
- Gentle Aerobics, Blacklion recommencing on Monday 9th April in the Market House (side door upstairs) 7.30-9pm for 6 Monday evenings.
No need to book. Go along to any of the sessions. A small charge for some of these courses. For more information Tel: 071 9853321.
Breffni Integrated is also hoping to host an IT class for farm families teaching online farm administration in Blacklion if there is enough interest. If you are interested in this course please contact Geraldine or Sandy on 071 9853321.